Thursday, April 15, 2010

There's More: We Brunch Hard THE BLOG

Elon James White, creator of the stellar music video "We Brunch Hard," which I posted the other day,  doesn't just stop with an urban ode to brunch. He also has an entire blog. Devoted to brunch. I've never met this man, but I think we would get along SO well. This dude likes going to brunch, likes vitamin-enriched alcoholic daytime cocktails (see yesterday's post) AND blogs about it. I hope he keeps up actively posting, because it's pretty awesome to read about someone else brunchin' hard on the other coast.

http://webrunchhard.com/blog/

Most posts are about New York restaurants, but a few are from other states, which is cool. I've put an RSS feed in my bookmark toolbar just in case he updates it. There are so many pictures of delicious looking things -- something I am sorely lacking. He also has a twitter feed for tweets to #WeBrunchHard. This is giving me some great inspiration.

To give you a preview of what you can see on his blog, I thought I'd post a photo of something that I've dreamed about eating (sans bacon) since seeing shrimp & grits featured on an episode of Throwdown with Bobby Flay :

Shrimp & Grits /w bacon & and sauteed mushrooms from Watts Grocery - Durham, NC (original post here)
Shrimp & Grits w/ bacon & mushrooms | @Beyu - Durham, NC

Although I can't find an embeddable version of the Bobby Flay video -- which is FANTASTIC, the man he throwsdown with is this absolutely delightful old southern man who (spoiler!) KICKS BOBBY FLAY'S BUTT -- you can watch most of it in Bing.com video search results here. It's totally worth it.

If you're feeling lazy, here's a less fun video of Bobby Flay cooking up some shrimp & grits:

No comments:

Post a Comment