Friday, April 2, 2010

The Inaugural Post

When you finally convince yourself that you should start a blog, you feel pretty narcissistic. At least I do. But since moving to San Francisco almost a year ago (10 months fly by fast), I've had a million moments that have compelled me to this one. And everyone of those moments has revolved around food. More specifically, around brunch food.

I am a brunch addict. I love that every Saturday and Sunday restaurants bust out their brunch menus of morning cocktails, eggs poached, scrambled, fried and filled with wonderful things, carbs in every shape and form, savory vegetables, sweet seasonal fruits and so much more. The delicious love child of breakfast and lunch that only gets to shine weekends is not only my favorite meal, it is my mission.


Looking at my bank account a few weeks back was when I realized I was having a love affair with brunch. I've spent more money on brunch than clothes or transportation since moving to this city. Why? Because there are so many amazing brunch places, and it had become my subconscious mission to find and try all of them. Now, it's a conscious mission. With a blog.

If I want to be totally honest with myself, I need to admit that having a blog helps me feel a little less guilty about spending an ungodly amount of money on brunch. Besides, if I'm going to do it anyway (spend ungodly amounts of money on brunch), I might as well document it, right? After all, why keep the joy of a brunch discovery to myself when I can share it with anyone who cares (not that anyone cares, mind you). I've posted a few reviews on Yelp, which I'm planning to post on here over the next few days, and that's probably the format I'll go with. I'll let you know what I had, how the service was, what the place is like and everything in between. I'll travel near and far (within San Francisco... and maybe some BART/Caltrain accessible locations), eat a lot, and I will do it all for the of brunch.

So to summarize:
San Francisco. Brunch. Reviews.


1 comment:

  1. Oh the inaugural comment =D
    You are right about documenting your adventure in brunching. People should be able to benefit from your experiences if they are not bold enough to go out and do the research themselves.

    Thanks for going through the effort of sharing your findings.


    YAY BRUNCH!

    ReplyDelete