Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Follow Up: Birthday Brunch Brilliance

With a big thanks to good friends and the very accommodating Slow Club, I am pleased to say that my birthday was the best I've ever had. I had the grown up version of an 8 year old's party -- complete with paper party hats.

While my friends arrived early, I of course, was late (I had to pick up party hats!). Arriving in style donning a plastic tiara, the Slow Club's bar in the back of the restaurant made the perfect waiting spot for people who were making their way through jalapeno bloody marys when I walked in.

Our waitress was simply fantastic, sitting us as soon as I came in, joining in on a round of "Happy Birthday," and letting me put candles into every dish that came out  -- at one point, I blew out the candle on a birthday bloody mary.

Birthdays come buy once a year, and what better way to celebrate than with birthday bourbon french toast at brunch?

And, in case you missed it, here's my planning guide for birthday brunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment